Running Energy II
This is an advanced version of the original Running Energy Practice. As with the original practice, the purpose of this exercise is to get in touch with and move the two fundamental energies of the human energy system... the feminine, magnetic, 'Earth' energy of the Mother, and the masculine, electric, 'Spirit' energy. Like the original exercise, this one begins in the imagination and makes use of the old axiom, "Energy follows thought." But the point here is to move your awareness so you experience the energy as a felt sense, not just as the visual representations that get you started.
To help get deeper in touch with the Mother... this practice is conducted underground, in the center of the Earth. Other changes from the original exercise include feeling the colors of the chakras, and bringing more awareness into the Heart center of each chakra.
RED: The first chakra, survival center or 'root chakra' is located at the base of the spine in the area of the perineum. This center opens downward and its energy relates to physical survival, and represents our deepest connection with the magnetic Mother essence and with our manifesting here on Earth.
ORANGE: The second chakra, the emotional/sexual center is located just above the first chakra. This center has two parts, the lower part relates to sexual energy and the upper to deep emotional energy, 'gut feelings.'
YELLOW: The third chakra is known as the will center and is located in the area of the solar plexus. This center relates to our sense of identity and what we want and don't want in our lives. And it's the center where the Mother in us manifests her desires.
GREEN: The fourth, or heart chakra is located in the center of the chest. This chakra of course relates to love, both giving and receiving, and to our sense of affinity and connection with others. Heart energy feels a little different in the three major areas of this center: lower (more like Mother), middle (more balanced) and upper(more like Spirit).
BLUE: The fifth chakra is the throat center. It relates to communication, the faculty of clairaudience, the channeling of words, and is Spirit's center for manifesting through Body.
CLEAR-INDIGO: The sixth chakra is also known as the 'third eye,' and is located in the center of the head at a level just above the eyebrows. It relates to knowledge and wisdom, the faculty of clairvoyance, and 'seeing' second attention realities. This chakra is traditionally a dark indigo color. However, more recently a small but growing area of translucent clarity has been forming in this center.
PURPLE: The seventh or crown chakra is located at top of the head and opens upward, like a funnel. This center represents our connection with Spirit and is the place where the Light of transcendent Spirit first comes into form as human consciousness.
Except for the Red and Purple chakras, each chakra opens both front and back. And each chakra has a complete chakra system with it. For instance, the Blue chakra has a Red part, Orange part, etc. In this practice we'll work with bringing more awareness into the Green part of each of the other chakras.
The first step is to bring your awareness into your body. Become aware of your breathing and any other physical sensations that are prominent, such as any discomfort, the feel of your body in the chair, etc. Wiggling your toes and focusing attention there is another good way to quickly come more into Body. With this practice the more nuance of physical sensations that you can feel, the better.
Like the original exercise, this practice is done sitting upright in a chair or similar seating with both feet flat on the floor or ground. But instead of using grounding cords, we're going to go directly into the center of the Earth by descending a vortex of energy that spirals down from just under your red chakra to the 'nugget of deep, dark, red Earth energy' at the center of the Earth.
To get better in touch with the first chakra energy... it can be very helpful to flex the sphincter muscle around the anus and hold it tight for a few seconds. When you finally let that muscle relax, the sensation of sudden relaxation and openness makes it easy to feel that you're dropping down the vortex to the center of the Earth, where you will imagine sitting on the nugget of Earth energy.
Once you are in the center of the Earth and sitting on the nugget, connect with the Mother by calling her name and imagining her presence all around you. Ask her to hold you throughout the practice. Then using imagination and breath, sit even deeper on the nugget... allowing it to fill your first chakra.
Say in your mind's voice, "First chakra opening now and filling with Earth energy." Feel the Mother's energy as warm, smooth, healing, nurturing, magnetic, drawing energy. When the first chakra is filled say to yourself, "Sitting even deeper, opening the second chakra and filling with Earth energy." Do the same with the third, "Sitting deeper still, opening and drawing the nugget (with your inhale) up into the solar plexus."
With the fourth chakra and the three upper chakras say, "Drawing the Earth energy into Heart." ('Throat,' 'Head,' and 'the Crown' for the upper three). With your Earth, Mother energy running up through all the centers, allow it to flow out through the top of your head, and up the vortex to the surface of the Earth.
Now imagine that your Earth energy has attracted the Spirit energy. Imagine the Spirit energy above you as a stream of clear golden light, coming all the way down the vortex to your 'crown chakra in the center of the Earth.' Here you say, "Open Purple."
As you imagine (feel) the Spirit energy coming down through each chakra say, "Open Clear-Indigo," "Open Blue," etc. until you get to Red. After Red say, "Grounding the clear golden Light in the nugget of Earth energy... and bringing the nugget again up into the first chakra, glowing red." (Pause.) "Second, glowing orange," etc. until you reach Purple. Then say, "Coming back to Heart, from the center of Green, bringing some Green down to the middle of Yellow. In the center of Yellow, some Green."
For this part of the practice image that you're making a loop from Heart to each of the other chakras, and placing a 'dab' of Green energy in the center of each chakra. If you were to see this from the outside, it would look like a series of rings looping up and down the chakras. The sequence is to start at Green and go to the center of Yellow, and back to Green. Then up to Blue, and back to Heart. Then continue with a loop from Heart and back to Heart in this order: Orange, Clear-Indigo, Red, Purple. And finally from Purple back to Heart. You can complete this part by saying, "Making a ribbon of Green running through all the chakras."
Finish up in whatever way feels good to you.
The whole exercise should take about ten to fifteen minutes when you first start doing it. After practicing a few times, it will happen more quickly and take only four or five minutes for the same results. Sensing or feeling of the energy will increase with practice.
If feeling the energy is difficult at first, focus on feeling into the bodily sensations in the area of each chakra, and go through the process using that, your imagination and breath. Flexing the sphincter muscle and using your hand or fingers to gently touch each chakra area of your body helps in this.
The structure of this exercise is only a suggestion. The best practice for you is whatever you yourself work out with guidance from Spirit and the Mother. It's recommended to do this, the original exercise or your own variation of running energy on a daily basis. As with anything new, the more you practice it, the easier it will be.
You may wish to make a tape of the exercise, have a friend read the directions to you as you do it, or read them to yourself, keeping your place with your finger while you go inside to do what is suggested.
1. To begin, notice your breathing. Not necessarily changing it, just noticing. Being aware of the breath helps bring you more into your body. And as you inhale. . . imagine you are inhaling relaxation, peace and contentment. And as you exhale, imagine you are exhaling. . . anything you want to let go of. Inhaling relaxation, and letting go on the exhale. (Pause) Take a moment to notice the feeling of your body as it's supported by your seat, the feel of your feet on the floor. And notice any other physical sensations that may be present now.
2. As you continue breathing, flex the sphincter muscle, and hold it tight for a few seconds.(Pause) Letting go now, imagine your whole body quickly descending the vortex to the nugget of deep, dark, red Earth energy at center of the Earth.
3. Sitting on the nugget, open the first chakra... filling with warm, healing, nurturing Earth energy. (Pause)
4. Sitting even deeper, open the second chakra... filling with the Mother's warm, healing energy. (Pause)
5. Sitting deeper still, and with your breath drawing the nugget up into you third chakra, open and filling the solar plexus with warm, nurturing Earth energy. (Pause)
6. And another breath... drawing the nugget up into Heart. Opening and filling. (Pause)
7. Breathing in again... and drawing the nugget up into Throat. Open and filling. (Pause)
8. Again a breath... drawing the Earth energy into Head. (Pause)
9. And one more breath, up into the Crown... and fountaining out the top of your head, the Earth energy rises up the vortex to the surface of the Earth... where it draws down the clear, golden light of Spirit, all the way down the vortex to the crown chakra in the center of the Earth. (Pause)
10. Open Purple...(Pause) Open Clear-Indigo... (Pause) Open Blue... (Pause) Open Green... (Pause) Open Yellow... (Pause) Open Orange... (Pause) Open Red... (Pause)
11. And grounding the clear golden Light in the nugget of Earth energy. (Pause)
12. Now drawing the nugget up into the first chakra... glowing Red. (Pause)
13. And up into the second chakra... glowing Orange. (Pause)
14. And into the third... glowing Yellow. (Pause)
15. Now into Heart... glowing Green. (Pause)
16. Into Throat... glowing Blue. (Pause)
17. Head... glowing Clear-Indigo. (Pause)
18. And Crown... glowing purple. (Pause)
19. Now coming back to Heart... from the center of Green, bringing some green down to the middle of yellow. (Pause) Right there in the center of Yellow... some Green. (Pause) And back up to Heart.
20. From the middle of Heart to the center of Blue. (Pause) Right in the middle of Blue... some green. (Pause) And then back to Heart.
21. From the center of Heart to the middle of Orange. (Pause) And right there in the center of Orange... some Green. And then back to Heart.
22. From the center of Heart to the middle of Clear Indigo. (Pause) And right there in the center of the clarity... some Green. And then back to Heart.
23. From the center of Heart down to the bottom of Red. And right there in the center of Red... some Green. And then back to Heart.
24. And from the center of Heart up to the top of Purple. And right there in the center of Purple... some Green. And then back to Heart. (Pause) Making a ribbon of Green... running through all the chakras.
25. Now with both Mother and Spirit energies running throughout your chakra system, take a moment to check each chakra and notice the relative flow of energy. (Pause)
26. If you find a blockage, feel into it and follow the sensations with your awareness. (Pause) Take your psychic fingers and give the chakra a spin in the direction it wants to go. (Pause) Take as much time as you wish to feel into and move any blockages... ending with all your centers open and vibrating and feeling balanced.
27. Finish up in any way that feels right to you.